Knowledge and Documentation Officer
The READ Alliance is a USAID funded program and being implemented by Centre for Knowledge Societies (CKS). It represents a bold new approach to partnership and innovation, which can bring about developmental change with rapidity and at scale. In leading the READ Alliance in partnership with USAID, CKS aims to create and lead robust social and institutional networks by bringing together corporations, non-profit organizations, think tanks, foundations, researchers, schools, teachers, and others in a new way to ensure that media, technology and innovation are used more effectively to promote early childhood reading especially for the population at the base of the pyramid.
The READ Alliance is based on the belief that the ability to read is the most basic building block of learning. The ultimate goal of the READ Alliance is to improve the reading skills of more than 1.5 lakh children in India today, preparing them for a lifetime of reading and learning.
The READ Alliance is now on the lookout for talented, energetic and motivated professionals who are as passionate about innovation in the public interest as we are-
About Center for Knowledge Societies:
It is founded in 2002,it is a design innovation consulting firm based in New Delhi, Bangalore, and Patna. It brings together expertise on ethnography, design and user experience to create new and valuable products and services for end users in emerging economies all over the world. Since its establishment, CKS has worked in an array of sectors including Healthcare, Telecom, Financial Services, Home Décor and Appliances, Aviation, Education and Automobile Design.
Reporting to: Project Director
Duty Station: Delhi with frequent travel in India
- Internal: CEO, Project Director, Program Officer, Alliance and Partnership officer, CKS’s internal Marketing & Communications unit, Finance and HR Staff
- External: Donors, Sub-recipients, Educationists, CBOs, Community committees, local NGOs, various platforms and networks, international stakeholders, providers of research and consultancy services.
- Serve as the programme’s knowledge management focal point and strengthen and promote knowledge management and communications techniques, methodologies and processes of the READ Alliance in close coordination with the project team.
- Recommend, implement, and administer methods and procedures to enhance knowledge management and dissemination especially around the allied field of early reading.
- Develop and produce learning resource packages, documents, reports, proposals and presentations according to program requirement for internal and external dissemination.
- Source, access, synthesise, document and disseminate and manage knowledge about early grade reading programs and materials (including ‘best practices and lessons) for the knowledge repository hosted in the website.
- Create new knowledge in the field of reading, technology interface and systems and oversee collecting and sharing of effective practices from all early reading programs.
- Draft and manage READ Alliance’s institutional communications which includes: donor reports, government reports, monthly/annually/quarterly progress report, best practices, newspaper article, case studies, lessons learned etc.
- Contributing in research design, data collection and reporting as required.
- Conduct extensive desk research on new approaches to learning and reading, technologies, investments, traditional methodologies, children at risk of not reading and so on.
- Strengthen the ‘institutional learning and capacity development’ systems by developing and implementing effective knowledge management and documentation plans.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the sub-recipients and visit the field so as to understand the project implementation strategies as well as write and disseminate good practices.
- Support the Knowledge and Communication team in developing high impact films, videos, documentaries, posters, and other knowledge artefacts in different mediums required for marketing and work reporting.
- Identify, frame and strategically publicize pressing early grade reading challenges so as to increase visibility to the cause of early reading and attract the right kind of attention to the alliance.
- Lead in organizing webinars, online meetings, discussion forums with experts and stakeholders from the EGR community and support the Knowledge and Communication team in developing purpose documents for the same.
- Work in close association with the Program and Partnership team to promote and disseminate advocacy materials relating to the programme areas.
- Identify, invite and liaise with thought leaders to write guest blogs and give video interviews. Conduct interviews with early grade reading and education experts.
- Coordinate with other project and non-project teams for specific tasks on alliance building, events and press engagements.
- Support in outreach efforts and quality maintenance of various READ Alliance’s events.
Educational & Professional Qualifications:
- Educational Qualifications: Masters in Development Studies, Development Communications, Social Work, Project Management with at least 4 years of relevant experience (preferably in education sphere).
- Demonstrated proficiency using MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of any design software will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated organizational and technical programmatic experience for at least 4 years in Knowledge Management and Communications in an intergovernmental, international or national development orientated organization.
- Ability to design and create diverse Knowledge artefacts.
- Experience in working in the area of education development projects with focus on knowledge management and documentation.
- Good oral and written communication skills, conveying messages to different audiences using diverse media.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders from diverse institutions, groups and levels – in stakeholder engagement processes at national and regional levels in early reading.
- Very strong written communication skills in order to rapidly develop summary reports, blog posts, white papers and out-briefs.
- Excellent desk research skills, an ability to interpret and analyze factual and opinionated data and synthesize and communicate research findings. We will look for passion for research exploration and new knowledge curation, qualities of inquisitiveness and reflective and critical thinking and the ability to articulate persuasive and powerful points of view.
Requisite Skills and Aptitude:
- Good knowledge of knowledge management and documentation processes and fluency with handling different kinds of content for different networks.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders from diverse institutions, groups and levels – in stakeholder engagement processes at national and regional levels.
- High levels of self-motivation and initiative to single-handedly manage the knowledge hub of the website.
- An ability to work with under pressured deadlines, meet targets and maintain professional disposition while addressing multiple dealings and demands.
Interested candidates can send in their application with your detailed resume, current salary, expected salary & notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Knowledge & Documentation Officer