Vihara is a user centered driven social impact enterprise. Our work involves working on some of the most pressing challenges in Public Health such as Immunization, Quality of care, Maternal & Child health. Vihara works along the complete cycle of innovation – from using ethnographic research to gather behavioral insights, designing innovative solutions to address complex systemic challenges, to working with relevant partners to create implementation pathways for ideas to become real and aid uptake of innovations.
We are an extremely agile organization, with roles and functions that cut across disciplines, and are looking for people who are comfortable handling multiple responsibilities, have a managerial bent of mind, and most importantly who are as dedicated as us in achieving meaningful social impact.
We are currently engaged on projects from a variety of verticals such as Family Planning, WASH, MCH & Nutrition, and are looking for a seasoned Public Health professional with experience in research & implementation of public health projects, an understanding of the design process and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams, to join our team on a full time basis.
Designation: Sr. Qualitative Researcher – Public Health
Experience : 6+ yrs in Public Health, experience working on healthcare projects in rural India is important
- Manage qualitative Research projects through all stages of the research process;
- Translating strategic questions and objectives into research projects
- Determine appropriate methodologies, sampling structures and brief local recruiters on recruitment
- Produce discussion guides for data collection for variety of projects
- Brief moderators before research to communicate research objectives, and ensure the guide is clear
- Analyse transcripts and produce reports addressing defined research objectives, keeping in mind broader strategy
- Understanding around Market research, Consumer segmentation, family typologies, social behavioral research is a must.
- Communicate research findings both internally and externally – presentations, reports and briefings
- Develop content knowledge for supporting project teams in designing project interventions
- Develop an understanding of market landscape around Public health, upcoming projects, partners data-base knowledge.
- Collaborating with & guiding the design team in iteratively implementing innovations in the field
- Conceptualization and delivery of Research projects, while leading a team of design & research associates
- Developing implementable programs out of Vihara’s existing suite of innovations in public health, and building implementation pathways and partnerships
- Providing technical inputs and feedback to the design team, to make our innovations relevant from a Public Health perspective.
- Being a focal point for management of stakeholder engagements and communications with Government health departments, community, donors & partner organizations
- Building & maintaining partnerships with relevant technical & implementing organizations
- Building intelligence on public health priorities of donors & govt. Stakeholders through stakeholder engagement, conferences & events
- Co-creating proposals & concept notes with partners & donors
- Attending client meetings as a public health technical expert, and representing Vihara’s work in the domain
Some Key skills :
- Delivering projects on time and budget, while managing a multidisciplinary team
- Experience working in Public Health, and deep understanding of Public Health infrastructure in India
- Very good verbal & written communication
- Ability to work with designers & understand the design & innovation process
- Concepting programs, writing concept notes and proposals
Interested? Email your resume, writing samples, and / or portfolios to our HR Manager at email@example.com